For a group experience you could play a board game, or jointly sit down to fight over the TV remote. Or you could pull together and learn how to row and move aboard an ocean rowing boat. Challenge, excite and experience - we know which one we would prefer...
Shoreseeker's Group Experiences are a uniquely fun day out, where you can all get out on the water. This great day out will allow you to experience ocean rowing with your group, in a fun and energetic environment. The best bit - we design it all around you. You could travel down the coast of Hayling Island exploring the creeks of Chichester harbour, stopping for a spot of lunch. If you're looking for a little competition, then the afternoon could be spent in your own mini Group Race Series. Or you could decide to tackle one of our ambitious and testing routes, like circumnavigating Hayling Island. The possibilities are endless and it is all tailored around you.
We can cater for group sizes of 10-20 individuals, who have a basic level of fitness and a desire to do something different The minimum age is 14, and we require one adult to ever child aged 14-17. Everyone is welcome, from families to stag and hen dos, from those looking for a fun, new experience, to those who have competitively rowed before. We can team build, we can challenge, we can test.
The cost is £95 per person, which includes all equipment and protective clothing, a professional skipper and a day scheduled around you. You can find an example of a day below.
An example of a Group Experience
We like to spend time chatting with the group oragniser(s) to establish exactly what sort of day you’re after, and we can then tailor it specifically to you. Here’s an example day:
- 09.00 - Arrival at Marina, meet the skippers and staff who will conduct a safety briefing. Kit will be issued and a brief outline of the day.
- 10.00 - Head down to the boats and head straight out on the water. You will spend the morning getting confident with running the boat and you will cover about 10 miles as you head down Chichester Harbour to a beautiful anchoring spot for lunch.
- 12.30 - All the boats will raft up, giving you all a chance to share your experiences of the day and enjoy lunch together. You’ll even get the chance to enjoy an authentic meal that ocean rowers would enjoy whilst at sea for months on end.
- 13.30 - The afternoon will be spent with a series of challenges to test all the skills you picked up during the morning. We often find the competitive spirit comes out in everyone and the day tends to end with a short race.
- 16.00 - You will return back alongside the pontoon at Northney Marina. We will wrap up the day with a final debrief and aim to have you on your way by 1700.
A support boat will accompany you throughout the day and can take a couple of people who would like to be involved in the day, but don’t feel they’re able to take part in the rowing.
There will be 3 people rowing plus a skipper on each ocean rowing boat at any one time. We will rotate the crews throughout the day, so that you will each spend about 2½ hours rowing. During your “off-watch” you’ll be able to enjoy a tea & coffee from the comfort of the support boat, while keeping up close to all the action.
Chichester Harbour is a fantastic place to explore, and if the objective of the day is just to relax on the water whilst trying something really unique, then we can adjust the itinerary accordingly.
We are happy to prepare any schedule which meets your needs. This also includes group sessions for those who are taking part in other team sports or challenges, who wish test themselves in preparation of future events.
What we'll provide:
- A fully kitted, purpose-built, MCA approved ocean rowing boat
- A briefing ashore to show you what to do and how to do it
- A professional skipper to get you moving and keep you safe on the water
- A support boat to accompany you throughout
- 5 - 6 Hours out on the water
- Snacks & beverages throughout the day
- A meal that you will prepare on board
- Safety equipment and foul weather gear to keep you dry
- Hot Showers and changing rooms
What you’ll need to bring:
- Warm layers to wear under your waterproofs
- Non-slip, comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting wet
- A change of clothes and a towel
- You are required to have sufficient travel insurance to cover you to take part in our Group days. If you choose to take this insurance, this £10 cost will be in addition to the cost of the Group day.