Whether you are considering applying for a Shoreseeker Challenge or just fancy a great day on-the-water, sign up for a fantastic taster session NOW!
We offer unique rowing experiences and to begin with why not dip your toe in the water with one of our taster days. Get up close and personal with the waves like never before by heading out to sea for a taster.
Based on Hayling Island, we like to explore the local harbours and Solent, which provide a vast playground for you to make the most of you taster session and packing in enough so you really get your monies worth.
A taster starts at 0900hrs where our friendly staff will welcome you and it's a chance for you to meet your fellow crew. Once you have been given a brief about the day, by your skipper, and you've got your Shoreseeker kit it's time to make your way to the boats. Your skipper will ensure you have everything you need on board and will run through a safety briefing before you each step aboard and get ready to row.
Once out on-the-water you will make your way round the course, getting to grips with working as a team. Whether you have rowed before or not you will certainly enjoy this segment of the day, and this is when there's lots of laughter present. As you become more comfortable on the water, getting up to 4 knots of speed, you may want to swap positions to see where you are best suited.
After a challenging row and once you've worked up an appetite, we stop for lunch. You will prepare and sample a meal similar to to one that you receive on a 24hr+ challenge, this is a taster after all and we want to make sure you do get a complete feel for our challenges. You may want to talk tactics at this point because after lunch you will take part in a series of races.
You will complete up to 3 races as you head back to the marina, and once back on shore, the winners are revealed.
After a quick debrief and chance to congratulate each other on an awesome day out you can head back to your homes or hotels, hopefully with stories to share of your fantastic day.
What we'll provide:
- A fully kitted, purpose-built, MCA approved ocean rowing boat
- A briefing ashore to show you what to do and how to do it
- A professional skipper to get you moving and keep you safe on the water
- A support boat to accompany you throughout
- 5 - 6 Hours out on the water
- Snacks & beverages throughout the day
- A meal that you will prepare on board (to give you an idea of what you will eat if you take on a Shoreseeker Challenge)
- Safety equipment and foul weather gear to keep you dry
- Hot Showers and changing rooms
What you’ll need to bring:
- Warm layers to wear under your waterproofs
- Non-slip, comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting wet
- A change of clothes and a towel
- You are required to have sufficient travel insurance to cover you to take part in our Taster Days. If you choose to take this insurance, this £10 cost will be in addition to the cost of the Taster Day.