TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read our Terms & Conditions and please get in touch if you have any queries.
1. A contract will come into force between you and Shoreseeker when the online booking form and/or payment have been received by us, and we have sent you our acceptance of the booking. You should check our confirmation to ensure it corresponds to your booking requirement and inform us immediately of any discrepancy. Completion of the booking form constitutes acceptance by all named on it of these terms & conditions.
TASTER DAY BOOKINGS
2. Upon receipt of your enquiry we will respond promptly with details of the Taster Day you have enquired about. We will include booking confirmation and payment options. We may send you information relevant to your booking via email or post.
3. Once you accept the terms and booking agreement, payment will be processed and your booking conformation will be made. All information including locations, times, durations and special instructions will be mailed to you by email or post.
4. We use an online booking system to process secure payments online which accepts all major debit and credit cards. Shoreseeker does not store or retain your payment or credit card details.
5. You may also book by phone on 02392 468 563 or by email email@example.com. Calls can be taken Monday to Friday, 0900 to 1700.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
6. If you decide to cancel your booking, we will charge a 100% cancellation fee to cover our administrative costs and staffing commitments. If you wish to rearrange your booking, we will do all we can to accommodate you. There will be a £25 administration fee in this case.
CANCELLATION OR CURTAILMENT DUE TO WEATHER
7. Taster Days are subject to safe sea and weather conditions. If we consider that a postponement for these reasons is necessary, we will give you as much notice as possible and offer you alternative dates for your event. If no alternative dates can be agreed, any monies paid will be fully refunded.
INSUFFICIENT NUMBER OF ATTENDEES
8. In order for you to get as much out of the Taster Day as possible, Shoreseeker are reliant on a minimum number of people taking part in the day to keep the rowing boats moving. We may cancel a Taster Day if we don’t get a sufficient number of people signing up. We will provide you with at least 7 days notice in the unlikely event of this happening. If no alternative dates can be agreed, any monies paid will be fully refunded.
RISK AND INSURANCE
9. Sports and outdoor activities carry an element of risk, and the experiences offered may be classified as having a high level of risk attached to them. As a condition of booking, you should be aware that you accept this risk and take responsibility for your action and involvement.
10. Shoreseeker has professional indemnity insurance. However you must ensure that you have adequate travel, personal accident, medical and cancellation insurance that covers the activity you will be undertaking. We offer a specific policy to covers travel, personal accident and medical for our Taster Days. This is at a cost of £10 per person per day. If you do not take this policy, then we require to see your existing travel policy to ensure that you are covered.
11. Shoreseeker will not be liable for any death, personal injury or loss or damage to personal belongings as a result of the event. However, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect your statutory rights or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence.
SAFETY AND EQUIPMENT
12. All safety equipment is provided for your taster day and you will be shown how to use this during the safety briefing at the start of the day. You must use the equipment in the manner demonstrated. You may be liable for any damage incurred through neglect to follow these instructions.
13. In booking this event you agree to follow the skipper’s instruction at all times as they relate to your safety and the safety of others. If at any point they deem you to be operating unsafely in anyway, or disregarding their instructions, then we reserve the right to stop you from taking part in the day any further.
HEALTH AND FITNESS
14. This event is designed to be enjoyed by people of a good level of fitness. If you are in doubt about your health or physical ability, please let us know before booking so that we may advise you on the suitability of this event for you. We reserve the right to cancel your booking if we consider you have a health or physical issue which may cause a risk to yourself or others.
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
15. You accept that you will be responsible for covering all travel, accommodation and other costs incurred in attending the taster day.
16. In the unlikely event of a complaint please notify us as soon as possible so that we can do our best to rectify any issues for you.
17. If any complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, please refer the incident in writing to our office address ("Shoreseeker, Suite 4, The Roundhouse, Northney Marina, Hayling Island, Hampshire, PO11 0NH") for further investigation, marking the envelope “FAO Customer Services”. We pride ourselves on our service and always do our best to make your time with us enjoyable and memorable.